Wednesday, April 27, 2011

One awesome conversation with Max.

Max asked me if he could watch a movie tonight after he had a shower. I told him if he gets to bed by nine he can watch a little bit of one.
Max looked up at me. “Why a little bit of one?”
While I turned the water on I spoke firmly. “Because, your teacher wrote me a note that you were irritable at school today and you need more sleep.”
After he pulled his shirt off and gave me a questionable look. “What does irritable mean?”
I gently guide him into the shower. “It means you were antsy at school.”
As he puts one foot in the shower he looks back at me. “What does antsy mean?”
It means you had a hard time sitting still in your desk.”

I don’t think he completely understood what I was saying and often this happens that we go from one word to another trying to explain what a word means. So often he has a hard time comprehending. Sure do love him though.

No comments:

Post a Comment