Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Uncle Max

On August 8, 2011 Max became, "Uncle Max". He wanted to give his testimony in church Sunday and the first sentence out of his mouth while he raised his hand high above his head. . "I love my nephew Preston." Uncle Max loves to hold him and listen to him cry.

Last Friday my daughter and her husband spent the day with Max. She took him to a restaurant that served Italian sodas.
"Max, do you want an Italian Soda?"
"No, it's okay. I'm not much of a caffeine drinker."

Later her husband played chess with him.
"Max, you can't move the piece that way."
"No, no, I'm going to tell you somethin: This is the way you play this game. This is the wizardry rules."

My daughter said while they were driving on the hot afternoon around town Max had to inform them how he felt.
"I'm just saharahing, because I put on too much of that deodorant stuff."

Last night Max gave family prayer.
"Heavenly Father, thank you for the blessings. Thank you for keeping us safe. Please bless Malachi stays safe and please bless that I stay safe. Bless me to be good tomorrow at school. Bless everyone to be safe and happy. Amen."



Max is fixated on deodorant and loves to use two different types at the same time. He applies one and then another. He started showering himself for the first time a month ago. We check to make sure he is remembering to wash and clean each part of his body. Sometimes he will say, “Mom I’m remembering so you can go have free time.” It's hard to believe finally after eleven and half years of bathing him, he is now bathing himself. It's been a long past due goal to have him accomplish. Never did I think this day would come were he could finally wash his own body. I look back over the years and can see the growth Max has had. It’s been a long hard road and many steps back before a one good step forward. He is truly a gift from God. I have had to sacrifice much for him to achieve some goals that have come natural to a typical child. I have gone without, lost sleep and given up much for him to gain some type normal living. I would never ever take one moment back. He has been worth it. His cute responses come often during the day and they bring joy with each passing moment. Thanks to a loving Heavenly Father who trusted me with this valiant spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment