Monday, October 17, 2011

"Santa comes to the rescue"

Max had a conversation with Malachi that was hilarious. 

“Malachi in a few years we will grow hair on our faces.  How much hair will we have on our faces, Malachi?”

“Buddy, I already have hair on my face?”

Max took another spoonful of cereal and exhaled.  “How many hairs do you have on your face?”

“I don’t know Max, I have never counted them.”

Max combed his fingers through his hair.  “I think I have a hundred hairs on my head.”

Malachi gave Max a smile. “If you had hundred hairs you would be bald.  I think you have thousands of hairs on your head.”

Max looked intently at Malachi’s hair.  “Oh, you too?”
 
Last Sunday on our way to church Max talked a mile a second.  One sentence stuck with me all last week and kept a smile on my face with sweetness attached. 

“Mom, Santa is going to help me get ready for Junior high.  He is going to give me five, ten, and one dollar bills for Christmas.  It’s going to help me be the best junior high student ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment