Monday, August 1, 2016

Magnificent Max gave a talk in church.



Hello I’m glad you are here.  I am here for you today to talk on “Now is the time to prepare to meet God.”  I would like to live with God again.  The way we get back to God is through God’s Plan.  Elder Nelson in his April 2005 conference address, said, “We are here to be tested to see if we are worthy of receiving all that our Father in Heaven has.”   He said, “We prove ourselves worthy of his Glory, through our obedience.” Obedience to what? 
In Abraham 3:25, it says: And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them.
Jesus said in John 14:15; If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Heavenly Father loves us and wants us all to return to him, but he has said through his scriptures that “No unclean thing can be in his presence”.  Yet he knows that we are human and we have faults that will keep us from his presence.  Because he loves us he prepared a way that we can wipe away those imperfections so we can be with him again.  We all know that this is the atonement of Jesus Christ.  Jesus was the sacrifice that will allow us to return to our Heavenly Father, if we repent.
Alma 34: 32 & 33 says:
“This life is the time to prepare to meet God; Yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.”
33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed.

This tells us that we need to prepare now.  We should not put this off because our eternal destiny is what is at risk.
In Elder Nelson’s talk, he shared the experience of the passing of his wife.  He talked about her worthiness and how she was prepared to meet God.  If we expect to live with God again, we have to prepare for that day. 
Everyone has talents.  One of my talents in life is baseball.  If I want to improve, I have to practice and prepare for the games.  To prepare I go to batting cages and baseball practices so my coaches can teach me about the game.  Each time I go to the batting cages and baseball practices I gain more knowledge of how to improve myself in this sport.  The baseball practices and batting cages help me to prepare to  play different positions on the field and to be a good team mate and how to make a homerun.
Like my baseball team, we have coaches in life that help us to gain the knowledge we need about life.  They are people that have been called by God to lead us, like the prophet and apostles and other church leaders..  God revealed in Doctrine & Covenants 1:38
 38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.
In Amos 3:7 it tells us:  7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
Like I said earlier, I want to live with God.  I Love Him and I appreciate all he has done to help me to be able to progress in life.  So I’m willing to make the changes in my life that will bring me closer to him and his kingdom.
I hope you can have the same desire to prepare, by listening to our loving Heavenly Father who wants to wrap his arms around you.

2 comments:

  1. Great talk, Max. Thank you for helping me to remember why we are here and what it takes to return to live with God again. Everything you said is true. I really liked how you compared what we do in our lives to preparing to be a great baseball player.

    ReplyDelete