Saturday, February 3, 2018

Max's talk

While driving to Max's dad's office he shared his thoughts about when you want to eat seafood you have to fish for it and you also have to fish for money to buy it because it's expensive.
He sure knows how to keep us laughing. 

Max still tells me everyday that I'm beautiful and often I tell him, thank you, and other times I tell him I don't feel beautiful at that moment.
He always comes back with, "Mom you are always beautiful."

Last Sunday Max gave an amazing talk in Church on how he recognizes God in his life. My eyes watered watching and listening to him share his thoughts.
Never ever did I think he would be capable. 

He shared his thoughts about one of his favorite people, Brother Irvine. Brother Irvine has touched our family's life and we will never forget his influence on our family. He came to both my parents funerals to take care of Max while I spoke at their funerals. Both him and his talented, beautiful wife always came to our rescue.

Max also got his Duty to God award Sunday. Its an award that boys ages 12-18 can earn by reading  scriptures and doing service projects, plus many others things too. It was difficult for him to achieve, but he did it. I'm so proud of him. This month he is going to have his Eagle project. For his Eagle project he will help lead with Coach Eve, from Special Olympics, by running a Basketball event for special needs people. 

Max wanted to do an Eagle project that was connected to Special Olympics because he feels blessed with how Special Olympics has, and still does make him feel like he matters.
Special Olympics Rocks!

Max shared with my husband (Max's father) and I for two hours what he wanted in his talk.
Then, Max's father and him typed it. 

Max's talk he gave Sunday 

Recognizing God in our Lives

When I was young I had a difficult time communicating until I was over 5 years old.  I don’t remember much from that part of my life, but I remember one person, Brother Irvine.  Brother Irvine asked our Bishop for the opportunity to work with me in nursery. After his call to work with me in Nursery he attended primary with me until we left that ward when I was six years old.  I remember Brother Irvine was different than the other teachers.  He helped to calm me and even took me on walks and taught me about all the things that were around the church.  I remember asking him one time what happened to your hair, he was bald.  He told me that an ant eater ate it all. 
Brother Irvine still visits me and when I got the assignment to talk today on this subject, of recognizing God in our lives, I remembered how I believe Brother Irvine was sent by God to help me.  Brother Irvine is a brilliant man, he’s an engineer for NASA and he is autistic like me.  I believe God had his hand in putting Brother Irvine in my life and my family’s life.

When I was young I use to escape out of my house and dart for the main highway. My mother was grateful that one of our neighbors found me walking alone in the middle of the road and brought me back to my home.  I know God had his hand in my life.
Last year, Mom and I were in a rather serious auto accident.  It was discovered because of that accident that Mom had some serious medical issues that needed to be dealt with.  If the accident would not have happened, Mom may have still not have known about the issues.  I know God had his hand in my family’s life.
Fifty-five years ago, Roger was a milk man in Prescott Arizona and was impressed by a gas station attendant that was always happy.  He got the courage up to ask the man; “Why are you always so happy?”.  That is the start of my Mother’s parents learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am a part of the third generation in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I am sure God had his hand in that man being an influence in my Grandfather’s life.
Doctrine & Covenants 59:21 
And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments.

Moses 1: 39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

God’s entire work is helping us to gain eternal life and I know he puts people in our life to help us to get back to him. 
I hope I will always be able to recognize his hand in my life. 
I never want to offend my Father in Heaven. 
I know he loves us and I love him.

1 comment: