Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Elder Reynolds Two Years Mission


 

Wow! It’s been six months since I posted on Max’s blog.  Max has been busy serving at the Midwest Food Bank and the Gilbert Temple grounds. Plus, attending evening meetings including on Sundays. At the Midwest Food bank, he has served over 740 hours. He has made thousands of boxes for food to be shipped off to other places and countries. He has bagged Cheese Its and other foods. He sealed bags and helped scan papers. He served at the Media Center on Wednesday evenings. Max has grown so much in the past six months. He has learned to iron his own shirts, wash loads of laundry (even learned how to sort them out), make his bed, and clean the bathroom. He has learned to cook food and has become independent. Never did I think when he was three-years-old, 10 years old or even 14 years old he would have the life he has now. He has friends, interests, hobbies and goals.  

I have told him several times never to let your autism stop you from your dreams. Don’t let it hold you back. Max and I have had discussions about how everyone has something that makes them feel like they’re not capable with doing what they want. I shared with him how even I, who is blind in one eye, deaf in one ear and now live with an arm that is not completely functionable. It might be harder and take more time to reach the goals, but never ever let a disability stand in the way of success. When we were blessed with Max and realized he had special needs, I was determined to not let his disability limit his potential of what he is capable of and his progression. 

  I have pushed Max and I mean pushed him to strive to achieve even the smallest of goals.

 I told myself many times that he is capable and can reach goals. 

My eyes water every time I think of him as a small child and look at him now. He is kind, compassionate, friendly, trustworthy and is loyal to those that he loves. He has bloomed into a wonderful young man who has a dream to someday have a family of his own. That last sentence I never thought I would write about Max. Never did I dream he would be able to be a husband and a father. I look at how he has grown and believe some young lady will be lucky to have him as a husband years down the road. He wants to educate himself like his siblings did so he can provide for his future family.

 I am going to post lots of pictures of his mission.

 I’ll try to put descriptions below the pictures so you know what it is about.

I even went and served with him at the Midwest Food Bank and at the Gilbert Temple grounds planting flowers. I came home both times ready for a nap because it was not easy work. 

I am proud of Elder Max Reynolds

 I am honored to be Max’s mother.


Max reading his mission call. 



I videoed his talk he gave in church.  


Below is the name tag he wore for two years and four days. 





Once a month the service missionaries would go to the Mesa and Gilbert temple.




     Elder Reynolds ready to give service.



Midwest Food Bank 

















Media Center






Gilbert Temple grounds






After working in the hot sun on Temple grounds. 




















 Elder Reynolds planted these flowers. 















                                               

 Elder Reynolds last day serving at the Gilbert Temple.







Max in the Press On Band








                                        








No comments:

Post a Comment