Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Max at seven years old. Neat story wanted to share.

I want to share an experience that happened when Max was seven (2007).
Max woke up on a Tuesday morning feeling under the weather, I thought maybe it was due to his sister Miriam leaving for Girl’s camp. He cried and cried while telling her, “no go”.
Then on the 4th of July he woke up screaming at the top of his lungs and I couldn’t figure out what was the problem. He didn’t have a fever. He would scream to the point I couldn’t think straight. Then after I gave him Motrin he calmed down. Max would say my ear, my mouth. I thought maybe he had swimmers ears from swimming. That whole day was spent trying to figure out what was bothering him (the doctors’ office was closed, so I couldn’t call them). That night he didn’t sleep at all and would just scream asking for more medication over and over. On Thursday morning, after a horrible night of him screaming I called the doctor. They scheduled it for eleven and they could hear him screaming the whole time I was talking to them. Then after making the doctor appointment the spirit told me to make an appointment with the dentist too to see if he could find anything wrong. We took him to the doctor and he couldn’t find anything wrong with Max, but he could see he was in a lot of pain. He went ahead and gave a prescription for and acetaminophen with codeine in it which by the way didn’t stop the pain. We came home from the doctors and waited for his two o’clock appointment with the dentist. When we got there Max was a little relaxed from the acetaminophen and the dentist gave him laughing gas to make him settle down while they took x-rays. The dentist said, He has an infected tooth and it will need to be pulled. There was puss around the tooth and it was not worth saving (it was a baby molar). So, the doctor called in for all the staff, plus Trent and Ito hold Max down while they pulled the tooth. Right after the dentist pulled the tooth Max looked up at the dentist and said, “Thank you for making me better”. I had never heard Max talk that well before.

That night I had my oldest son (Michael) and Trent give him a blessing. He still didn’t sleep well that night, but the next morning he came into my room and walked up and placed his hands on my head. He said, “Heavenly Father make Mom better”. I could feel the faith Max had in our Heavenly Father it brought a peace to my heart in knowing he is starting to understand some things we are blessed to have. Max couldn’t count or say his alphabet or even write his name the correct way, but he knew the power of the Priesthood is real.

I love this story and thought it would be a good one to share with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry. Thank you for sharing your moments with your little boy. I needed this today.

    ReplyDelete