Monday, July 23, 2012

Tooth Fairy Visited and Size 16 Pants!


Max is starting to take the physical changes the doctor talked about at our last physical. After having several other children go through puberty, I didn't think it would be a big deal to have one more, but for some reason having Max go through this experience seems to scare me a little. A dear friend from my church, who has three children with autism told me it's different for them. I can honestly say Max doesn't care if I see him nude even with the puberty starting. He doesn't seem to care if he has is hair comb or if he is wearing the cool brand names. Like my other kids he has taken on this puberty stuff in a different way. For instance he thinks when he turns 13 he can watch PG 13 movies. In the past couple of months he has out grown his size 12 pants and is now wearing a size 16. He laughed non-stop while I paid for the new size 16 jeans. He is so thrilled he is wearing a size 16 when he is only 12 years old.

Last week Max lost his last two baby teeth on the same day. No more visits from the tooth fairy and honestly I think she is ready to retire.




Max loves his nephew Preston and often tells me when Malachi leaves on a mission that Preston will be his buddy. 

On the way to occupational and speech therapy today I asked him if he cares if his hair is brushed.
He responded quickly. "No."
Of course, I care, so I have been trying to help Max be more self-suffcient by taking care of his own hair. I wonder if he is ready for that responsibility yet.

It tickles me how he can laugh over the simplest things. Friday night we were driving home from Barns and Noble and he was laughing so hard he couldn't stop until thirty minutes later. He was laughing over the word "coward". I asked him if he knew what the word meant and he said, "no, but it sounds like a funny word."

No comments:

Post a Comment